What is Ganoderma and how will it help you?
Ganoderma is a mushroom that grows on wood, mostly in tropical regions on live or dead trees. There are about 80 species and are used extensively in Chinese medicine. Several species of Ganoderma contain many bioactive compounds , such as triterpenoids and polysaccharides.
One of the species is Ganoderma Lucidum. Also known as Lingzhi (Chinese) or Reishi (Japanese). It is the most alkaline food in the world. Ganoderma Lucidum is the scientific name for a species of red mushroom that once grew in the wild and is now being cultivated in many ways. Ganoderma Lucidum is considered one of the most potent adaptogens available. Adaptogens are those herbs and substances that increase the body’s resistance to stress and empower it to overcome all health challenges more quickly. Over 150 antioxidants may account for some of the adaptogenic benefits but it is also rich in more than 125 beneficial and highly researched triterpenes like ganoderic acid and many powerful trace minerals like germanium (one of the best transmitters of negative ions needed for cellular protection). Ganoderma Lucidum is likewise a remarkable source of well-known polysaccharides like beta glucan (with profound benefits for the immune system), and other substances like coumarin, mannitol, and a variety of alkaloids that benefit a diversity of metabolic systems. With growing scientific research, the mushroom’s medicinal qualities are now being increasingly recognized in the west. Here’s a great video by Nyishar that explains how Ganoderma Lucidum works.
Ganoderma Lucidum Benefits
- Blood Pressure: Studies have shown that Ganoderma Lucidum inhibits platelet aggregation thereby reducing blood pressure. In studies of people with hypertension, researchers found blood pressure was significantly reduced over a two-week time with reishi supplementation.
- Immune system: Ganoderma Lucidum is commonly prescribed by practitioners for long-term immune system support. Studies have shown that after taking Ganoderma Lucidum for thirty days, patients with advanced tumors found a marked immune-modulating effect as demonstrated by an increase in T-lymphocytes and decreased CD8 counts. Researchers have also reported reduced side effects of chemotherapy or radiation as well as improved post-operative recovery.
- Blood Sugar: Studies have shown Ganoderma Lucidum to have a blood sugar lowering effect. Much of this activity appears to be due its polysaccharides. There are three main mechanisms behind this blood sugar lowering effect. This includes Ganoderma Lucidum’s ability to elevate plasma insulin levels, to enhance peripheral tissue utilization of glucose, and to enhance liver metabolism of glucose.
- Anti-inflammatory Effects: According to a December 2009 study in Current Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, Ganoderma has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating properties, making it useful for treating chronic inflammatory and autoimmune disorders, such as arthritis. Anotehr study found that 50 milligrams of reishi powder had comparable effects to 5 milligrams of hydrocortisone, a corticosteroid used to treat arthritis pain and inflammation.
- Oxygenation: One of the unique uses of Ganoderma Lucidum is for altitude sickness. Reishi appears to reduce altitude sickness by oxygenating the blood. This benefit was first found in Asian mountain climbers that ascended mountains as high as 17,000 feet with minimal reaction.
- May Prevent Cancer: Ganoderma Lucidum herb is high in Organic Germanium, Triterpenes and polysaccharides. These active components strengthen the immune system. The active components of Ganoderma Lucidum herb work to strengthen T-lymphocytes and macrophages, key immunity cells. In turn, these immunity cells act to destroy abnormal cells like cancer cells, and so it may help in the prevention and treatment of cancer, although more research is needed.
- Immune System Health: Studies have shown that Ganoderma Lucidum also contains polysaccharides, which help to strengthen your immune system, and may help slow the aging process.
- Neuralgia and Insomnia: Pharmacological research shows that Ganoderma Lucidum herb has a calming and sedative effect on the nervous system. It is, therefore, particularly effective in the treatment of neuralgia and insomnia. In addition, using this herb for nerves can also help you to improve sleep and appetite, enhance energy, improve memory, and regain vitality.
- Heart-related Diseases: Ganoderma Lucidum contains the active element Triterpenes, which can improve blood circulation and significantly reduce the amount of fatty substances such as cholesterol and triglycerides. This, in turn, helps to prevent heart disease, hypertension, hardening of the coronary arteries, and other coronary heart diseases.
- Other Remedies: Besides preventing diseases, Ganoderma Lucidum has hyperglycemic and anti-inflammatory effects that are particularly effective in treatment of chronic maladies such as high blood pressure (hypertension), diabetes, headache, kidney and liver problems, etc.
My personal experience with Ganoderma Lucidum:
- I’ve been drinking GanoLife coffee enriched with Ganoderma Lucidum for close to a year now.
- After 4 months I was able to stop taking my Arthritis medication.
- I’ve experienced increased energy levels and clarity of thought.
- I have not been sick with a cold or flu since.
- High blood pressure is now normal.
- No more snoring, (So I’ve been told.)
- Lost weight
The amazing thing is I have not changed anything else in my daily routine whether it be my diet or physical activity. Ganoderma Lucidum is certainly a product I would recommend to anyone. both as a beneficial and preventative measure.
For more research on Ganoderma visit PubMed.gov the U.S medical library site.
There’s also a ton of information to check out at Gano Research
If you like this blog follow, share and have an abundant life!
PS: To make money on-line Click Here